- 1 (8 oz.) bar of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1 packet (0.23 oz.) of Kool-Aid Lemonade mix (unsweetened)
- 5 c. powdered sugar (plus a little extra to coat your hands as you work with dough)
- 1 bag (12oz) Wilton White Candy Melts
- 1/4 tsp. imitation raspberry flavoring
- Red and yellow food coloring (enough to get the color you desire)
- Cream together Philadelphia cream cheese and packet of lemonade.
- Add yellow food coloring to desired shade of yellow.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, blending well between each one. After 4th cup, coat your hands in powdered sugar and mix in 5th cup with your hands until well blended.
- Using sugar-covered hands, roll dough into 1 inch truffle balls and set on parchment paper.
- Melt candy coating chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between until smooth.
- Add raspberry flavoring and red food coloring (to desired color) and mix well.
- Spoon about 1/2 – 1 tsp. of chocolate onto parchment paper and then press a truffle on the top of it until the chocolate is visible around the edges. Finish the rest of the truffles this way.
- Spoon remaining chocolate into a ziplock bag and clip the corner. Drizzle the chocolate over the truffles.
- Allow topping to harden (about 5 minutes)
- Peel off parchment paper and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes about 30 truffles.
My thoughts: Wow! These have been a huge hit with everyone in my life that’s tried them! They are an original creation for Real Women of Philadelphia. For all of you who love to cook and bake, you really should check this contest out– its a lot of fun and the sweetest people are a part of this community! I was longing for something to remind me that summer is coming (in spite of all the yucky weather lately!) Raspberry lemonade is such treat- and these truffles capture the essence of it to me. I hope you get a chance to try them– let me know what you think! :o)r-