These rich, thick brownies remind me of a dessert from an expensive coffee house. The secret??? They use a mix! Quick, easy and SO yummy- love ‘em!
- 2 boxes of Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4c. vegetable oil
- frosting (make your own or use a tub of ready-made for SUPER easy brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine together mixes, eggs, water and oil.
- Mix until well blended (about 50-75 strokes)
- Pour into a greased 9×13 cake pan
- Bake 30-45 minutes (until center is set and sides are pulling away from pan a bit)
- Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight (or longer)
- Thaw about 8 hours before you need to serve.
My thoughts: This recipe is just about perfect- easy, inexpensive, can be make way ahead of an event and the results are WOW(!!) chocolate happiness!!! This recipe came from my co-worker Lisa. They are her mother-in-law Gloria’s specialty and she claims the freezing makes these into the wonderful consistency that people rave about. This recipe really does come straight from the back of the Duncan Hines Box with just a few alterations- two boxes of mix, less oil and a longer cook time. (plus the freezer time, of course). Give them a try for your next event that calls for a dessert! Hope you love them as much as I do! Thanks Lisa and Gloria