Celebrate fall with a unique twist on the caramel apple: soft creamy caramel and chocolate on the INSIDE of the apple! Happy October to YOU!
- 12-16 medium apples
- 1 to 2 cups of 7-up
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 can (14oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 6 oz. Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
(note: these amounts will make more caramel sauce than you need – you can cut the ingredients in half, but then you will have 1/2 of a can of condensed milk left-??!! I say put the extra caramel sauce over ice cream :) your call….)
- Cut top off of apple, scoop out core and seeds with a melon baller
- Fill apple “cup” with 7-up and use a kitchen brush to coat edges and top with 7-up (this will prevent browning).
- Repeat process with all apples (re-use the 7-up if you want- just pour it from one cup to the next!)
- Make caramel sauce by adding caramels, condensed milk and margarine to a saucepan and stirring over medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe chocolate into apple cups, saving a little to drizzle on top.
- Spoon or pipe caramel (cool a little 1st if you decide to pipe this!) into apple cups over chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of caramel and serve warm and gooey- or chill and serve cold-mmmm!
My thoughts: No worries– I’m sure a “normal” caramel apple post is in my future– I just wanted something different from the expected. These really are a beautiful dessert- serve them with a knife and a fork though- they are a wonderful gooey mess if you serve them warm! Hope you enjoy these! -r