Have you ever tried Duncan Hines Caramel Cake mix? It is soooooo good! As a general rule, I use Duncan Hines when I bake cakes by mix. This is one of the BEST flavors out there. A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for German Chocolate Cake cookies that use a cake mix for the cookies. The cookies turned out so yummy that I decided to try a different cake flavor….caramel! These caramel cookies are topped with chocolate and pecans– a perfect fall treat!
- 1 box of Caramel cake mix
- 1/3c. softened margarine
- 1/2 box of cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 egg
- 24-30 chocolate stars or kisses
- 24-30 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg, stirring until smooth.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add cake mix last and stir until combined. Use your hands to knead mixture into a heavy cookie dough.
- Make evenly- size small balls of dough (I use a Small Cookie Scoop) and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press chocolate (star or kiss) into center of cookie. Return to oven for 1 minute.
- Press pecan into softened chocolate on the top of each cookie. Cool until chocolate is hardened.
My thoughts– easy easy easy and wonderful caramel yummy-ness! you can’t go wrong with these cookies!