I love cookie dough. When I was a little girl we always got little nibbles of it when mom was baking. Now, of course, we know that those raw eggs could kill us…but I think that cookie dough might be worth that risk!!
The best part of this recipe is that the frosting truly tastes like cookie dough (a light creamy cookie dough) and there are NO eggs in it. So you could just eat it straight out of the bowl and forget the cupcakes….not that I would do that….ever….well…maybe just a little….
I made my cupcakes into minis- simply because I wanted to put a “scoop” of frosting on top and a full-size scoop would be a HUGE amount of frosting…I don’t have a problem with that, but I think most people might
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (plus water, oil and eggs to make according to box)
***OR use your favorite cupcake recipe. This is really all about the frosting– so do your favorite thing with the cupcake recipe/ flavor***
- 2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter(softened)
- 2 sticks (8 oz.) salted butter(softened)
- 2 c. powered sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar (packed)
- 3 T. vanilla
- 1/3c. flour
- 1 12 oz bag of mini chocolate chips.
- Make cake mix (or your favorite cake recipe) and divide into mini cupcake liners in a mini cupcake tin. (makes about 48 mini cupcakes)
- Bake according to box/recipe (mini cupcakes take less time, so adjust accordingly!)
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Place all frosting ingredients except mini chips into a large mixing bowl and beat with mixer on low until combined and then high until light and fluffy.
- Add mini chips (keep about 1/4 of a cup aside to sprinkle on top) and beat on low until fully combined.
- Frost cupcakes. You can use a knife to just spread it on or use a small or medium Cookie Scoop to make your cupcakes look like mine do.
- Sprinkle remaining chips on top and gobble these cupcakes up!!!
My thoughts: These are dangerous cupcakes for me. I had to get them out of my house FAST. I seriously wanted to eat them all. Ah….cookie dough….sigh. Enjoy these so much!!!! ~r
Chocolate chips are an important ingredient here at easybaked~ click on an image to be taken to the recipe: