Crispy shells covered in melted cinnamon and sugar hold a surprise- a rich and creamy cheesecake filling covered with your favorite sundae toppings!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 c. sugar (divided)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 1 (8oz) package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip
- chocolate sundae topping (or any flavor you like!)
- rainbow sprinkles
- CUPS: Lay 12 wonton wrappers out on a flat surface
- Spray both front and back sides of wrappers with cooking spray.
- Mix 1/2 c. sugar with the cinnamon
- Carefully coat each wonton wrapper in sugar and cinnamon on both sides.
- Poke the wrapper down into a muffin cup that has also been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake wrappers at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes (check often) until golden brown on edges.
- Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool on a plate.
- FILLING: Mix Philadelphia Cream Cheese with remaining 1/2 c. sugar until well blended
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 of a container of Cool Whip and stir until smooth.
- When cups are cool, spoon filling evenly into each cup (I used a Small Cookie Scoop to get the “ice cream” look)
- Top with chocolate or other toppings.
- Pipe or spoon remaining Cool Whip on the top and then decorate with sprinkles.
I created this recipe for the 2011 Real women of Philadelphia cooking contest. I love the challenge of these contests- they make me think outside the box! I’ve made this recipe 3 times now and it turns out perfect every time. What a fun little dessert! Hope you get a chance to try it out and make the people in your life smile