Confession: I am addicted to making cookies from cake mixes. I am intrigued that I use the same recipe each time and each flavor turns out differently not only in flavor (obviously!), but in texture and shape and size. My recent cookie is from a Duncan Hines Strawberry mix. These are sooooo good. Texture: think Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies. These are amazing unfrosted- sweet and flavorful– or make them sandwiches with frosting (I used leftover Sweet Tart frosting, but thought about my lemonade frosting….mmmmm….). Or maybe dip half in white chocolate….oh the possibilities for these little cookies!!!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Strawberry cake mix
- 1/3c. softened margarine
- 1/2 box of cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/3 c. white chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 egg
- frosting of your choice (if desired).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg, stirring until smooth.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add cake mix last and stir until combined. Use your hands to knead mixture into a heavy cookie dough.
- Make evenly- size small balls of dough (I use a Small Cookie Scoop) and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool
- Sandwich with frosting or Cool Whip…or dip in white chocolate….be creative!!!
My thoughts: This is such a happy summer-tasting dessert! I started this blog last spring and I’ve never had a shortage of recipe ideas, but suddenly we hit fall and I’m struggling….I am a picky eater (according to my friends and family!) I hate any kind of cooked fruit…I don’t like pumpkin….I hate cider….what to do???? I am a failure as a fall baker!!! :) I’m trying to expand my horizons, but in the meantime you might still get a few summer recipes that I can’t get out of my mind until I try them!! Who says strawberries can’t be a fall dessert anyway?? Enjoy! r-