Soft creamy caramel tops chocolate and pecans– a quick and easy treat.
- about 2 cups of whole pecans.
- 12oz (one bag) of Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 (14oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Line pecans up in squares on parchment paper
- Melt candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate over pecans, filling in the center space and spilling it over about half of each pecan.
- While this hardens, make caramel sauce (this recipe makes more caramel than you need, but you can refrigerate the rest and use as an ice cream topping later…or you can cut this part of the recipe in half- you will just have 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk left…?)
- Melt unwrapped caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk over the stove until smooth.
- Spoon caramel into the center of each turtle (try to keep as much as you can on the chocolate- it will harden some, but it is a soft caramel)
- Allow these to harden (refrigerate if necessary) and ENJOY!!!!!
My thoughts: Easy and yummy! I was surprised at how good the candy melts tasted in this- obviously using real chocolate would be a bit fussier and probably a much better flavor- but everyone loved these and I think the melts worked just fine. These are messy looking turtles- I wouldn’t fuss over making them look perfect- I think the messy look makes them fun and DEFINITELY home-made!!!!