Smooth dark chocolate and tangy raspberry filling topped with a shiny glaze make this tart one of the richest and creamiest desserts you’ve ever had!
- One refrigerated pie crust
- 1c. Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2c. Ghirardelli Semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 T. heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups plus 5 T. powdered sugar
- 2 T. vanilla
- 12 T. butter (divided and melted)
- 2t. raspberry flavoring
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 or 9 inch tart pan with cooking spray and line with pie crust. Poke holes into bottom with fork and set on a cookie sheet.
- Melt together 1 cup of bittersweet chips and one cup of semi-sweet. Allow this to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, cream, vanilla and 5 T. powdered sugar.
- Add cream mixture to chocolate and blend well. Pour into crust and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until center is set.
- Cool tart completely and then remove outer ring.
- For filling: Combine remaining 3 c. of powdered sugar with 6 T. melted butter and blend well. Add raspberry flavor and food color. Blend well (add extra powdered sugar if needed for thick frosting-like consistency) and spread over the top of cool tart.
- For Glaze: Melt 6 T. butter (do not use margarine here!) with remaining cup of semi-sweet chips and stir until smooth. Pour over top of tart and smooth to edges.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
My thoughts…soooo rich (take a small slice!) and so flavorful! This tart recipe (minus the toppings) is one of my last-minute go-to recipes. Its SO quick and easy and you can serve it right out of the oven warm -with cool-whip or ice cream. The toppings are a bonus if you have a little more time- mix those flavors up! Great with mint and peanut butter and maple and coconut– such a fun and versatile recipe! ENJOY!!!
A special thanks to my friend Brie from Color Canvas Media who is teaching me about my camera and who helped me take these photos far better than I could have alone! I’m addicted to Foodgawker and thus far I’ve had 36 photos rejected and 2 accepted (lol!!) I’ve never had any interest in photography and now I think I’m addicted- fun new hobby! So here’s to better blog pictures! Thanks Brie!!!!!