These little cookie cups were eaten up faster than any dessert I can remember. You simply can’t stop at one! I guess that’s because they are made with all the ingredients used in S’mores! The marshmallow stays soft, and the soft chocolate layer on the inside….? Oh my.
Here’s how to make them: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 48 mini cups)
- One tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup of finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (13oz) jar of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow fluff
- 48 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped!)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place cookie dough and crushed grahams (save 2 to 3 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle over cups at end) in a mixing bowl and using hands, combine crushed grahams with cookie dough until completely incorporated.
- Evenly divide dough into mini muffin tins (I used a medium cookie scoop to do this and got about 48 cookies)
- Bake at 350F degrees for 7 to 9 minutes, until turning a light brown at edges.
- Remove from oven and immediately press centers in using a mini tart shaper (or a wooden spoon~ although I highly recommend the tart shaper as it is a small and inexpensive tool that I love and use all the time!)
- Allow cups to cool for 2-3 minutes and then gently run a small knife around the edges and pop the cup out of the tin. Allow cup to completely cool on counter.
- Place all cups on a cookie sheet (preferably one with raised edges)
- In a small sauce pan, heat up heavy cream until just bubbling at the edges (20 seconds or so).
- Add chocolate chips, cover and allow them to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir melted chips with cream until smooth (turn heat back on if needed)
- Place chocolate sauce in a zip-top bag, clip a corner and pipe chocolate evenly into each cup.
- Fill a mug or small bowl with HOT water, and place a medium cookie scoop into it. Shake off excess water and scoop one scoop of marshmallow fluff into each cookie cup. Place scoop back in hot water as soon as the fluff starts to stick to the scoop.
- Turn broiler on high and place entire cookiesheet full of cookies in the oven under the broiler. WATCH the cookies– in about 30 seconds the marshmallows will start to brown. Take the cookie cups out and immediately place a Hershey kiss on the top of each hot marshmallow top. Sprinkle with graham crumbs (and drizzle with a little white chocolate if you like).
- Let these sit for about an hour. The bottom of the kiss will melt and attach to the marshmallow.
- You can serve these warm, or at room temp.
- Once they are cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for about a week.
My thoughts~ These cookie cups were a big hit. They really capture the flavor of a s’more and they aren’t very difficult to make. The marshmallow fluff was a little fussy, just because it is so sticky. I highly recommend it though- it was perfect biting into the gooey soft cream rather than an actual marshmallow. It captured that melted marshmallow feel. I *highly* recommend you use a cookie scoop for these. You can get a scoop almost anywhere these days, but if you can’t find one, try ordering one at Amazon. I hope you really enjoy making (and eating!) these yummy little treats!!! ~r