These rich, thick brownies remind me of a dessert from an expensive coffee house. The secret??? They use a mix! Quick, easy and SO yummy- love ’em!
- 2 boxes of Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4c. vegetable oil
- frosting (make your own or use a tub of ready-made for SUPER easy brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine together mixes, eggs, water and oil.
- Mix until well blended (about 50-75 strokes)
- Pour into a greased 9×13 cake pan
- Bake 30-45 minutes (until center is set and sides are pulling away from pan a bit)
- Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight (or longer)
- Thaw about 8 hours before you need to serve.
My thoughts: This recipe is just about perfect- easy, inexpensive, can be make way ahead of an event and the results are WOW(!!) chocolate happiness!!! This recipe came from my co-worker Lisa. They are her mother-in-law Gloria’s specialty and she claims the freezing makes these into the wonderful consistency that people rave about. This recipe really does come straight from the back of the Duncan Hines Box with just a few alterations- two boxes of mix, less oil and a longer cook time. (plus the freezer time, of course). Give them a try for your next event that calls for a dessert! Hope you love them as much as I do! Thanks Lisa and Gloria 🙂
I really, really think you should post one of these to me. I can’t believe these are mixed made, they look so moist and rich!
lol- I think that by the time they got to you they might not be so moist 🙂 I could send you the mixes though 🙂
Looks delicious. Would love for you to share this with us over at foodepix.com.
May I also suggest that those with a gluten intolerance or allergy try the Duncan Hines gluten free variety of brownie mix. I started making them when my son developed an intolerance and they are so delicious and moist and yummy I never even bother with the regular mix anymore. I’ll try the additions and freezing too, though. Having a batch in the freezer for surprise visits is always a good idea!
Thanks Karyl- this is SUCH a good idea. Thanks for sharing it with us!!! 🙂