Send a little smile with these Poo Emoji Cookies! They are a really delicious chocolate cookie swirled around a Hershey Hug!
Ok. Some of you are shaking your heads…🙂 When I made my Emoji Oreo Pops last week, everyone loved them and the next question out of their mouths was, “What about the little Emoji Poo?? Are you going to make little Poos?”
Since an Oreo isn’t triangular, I went back to one of my favorite chocolate cookie recipes that doesn’t spread out and keeps its shape when baked. I wasn’t sure it would form swirls or keep this particular shape- but it worked perfectly! Plus it is the yummiest cookie recipe ever.
Here’s how we made them: (printable recipe available here)
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 15-20 Hershey Kisses or Hugs (unwrapped)
- Candy eyes
- White fondant (or white candy melts piped into the shape of a smile!)
- A little white chocolate (melt chips, or use a few candy melts)
- Unwrap Kisses/Hugs.
- Place parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave. Stir between until melted completely. It will be a fairly firm mixture.
- Add condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Add flour until it becomes thick. This is the trickiest part to get right- you want to be able to pipe it out of a bag- so don’t add so much flour that you can’t squeeze it out. You want it to hold it’s shape though- so you have to add enough flour for that. As I was piping mine, I thought- PLAYDOUGH- this is the consistency of fresh Playdough.
- Immediately scoop dough into a zip-top bag and seal.
- Clip a large corner off the bag and squeeze out a small circle of dough. Place a kiss/hug in the center and then continue piping dough in a swirl that covers the kiss up. Use your other hand to press the swirl together as you go- so that the kiss is covered up completely.
- Continue piping these “poos” out on the cookie sheet- you can put them fairly close together on the sheet- they don’t spread out much at all.
- Eventually, the heat of your hands will draw some of the butter out of the dough and it will get harder to pipe in a swirl. You can: A. Place the dough back in the bowl and re-knead it together, place in a clean bag and pipe more swirls OR B. quit making swirls and just make some plain old poo cookies. (I promise that the plain ones will get more laughter than the swirls….really! Plus you don’t use up so many eyes!!)
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet.
- Use a little white chocolate or some White candy melts to “glue” eyes on, and use the same white chocolate to pipe on a smile (or— use white fondant and our fun cookie cutters from my Oreo Emoji recipe to cut out a smile and glue that on!)
My thoughts: These just make me laugh. They are funny and cute (and those non-emoji ones are SO gross- if one of those got dropped on the floor, my dog would get a talking to!) Have you seen the Kitty-litter cakes? Let me find a link to one in case you haven’t….. hold on….. found one (on a super cute blog called tbsp.- click here to see it) Who needs tootsie rolls when you can have such realistic cookies??? Bring on the Halloween gross-factor! Pair them up with Emoji cookies, or serve them alone… however you make them or serve them, I hope you enjoy!! ~r
Other gross-me-out recipes here on Easybaked (just in time for Halloween!!)- click on a picture to see the recipe!