Creamy, whipped, lemonade filling spooned into cute little white chocolate cups! A fun, fancy and delicious summer dessert!
Did you know that there are silicone molds for little shot glasses?!? You would think I’d have seen these somewhere along my road of dessert blogging, but I hadn’t. I stumbled on a clearance rack full of them and lightbulbs started going on in my head with ideas for fun ways to use this mold! SUCH a fun idea!
Aren’t they cute?!? I made my cups out of white chocolate and then filled these with a creamy lemonade filling that I use quite a bit here for various desserts. You can eat it straight (I may have sampled a bit as I was filling cups…), pipe it on cupcakes, layer it in cake, ooooorrrr serve it in tasty little chocolate cups! Fun….!!!!!
Here is how we made them (makes 8- 10 filled cups): (printable recipe here)
First of all, you need a Wilton’s shot glass mold (and if you get it from my link on Amazon I will get a small percentage of what you pay, making it possible for me to buy brownie ingredients, which is the next fun project I have in mind for these shot glass molds!)
- 2 bags of Wilton’s Candy Melts in bright white.
- 1/2 package (4 oz) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 packet of Kool Aid drink mix (any flavor~ if you use a lemonade, add it to taste, as it will be more tart than the other flavors)
- 1 (7 oz) jar of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 1 tub (8 oz) of Cool Whip (thawed in refrigerator, divided)
- Fun sprinkles
- Melt Candy Melts in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- If desired, drop a few sprinkles into each cavity of the mold (that is how I got the colors at the rim of the “glass”).
- Carefully spoon melted white chocolate into molds (I placed the melts in a zip-top bag, zipped it shut tight, clipped a corner and piped it into the molds to make sure I got it all the way to the bottom without bubbles).
- Tap on countertop and set (level!) in freezer for 10-15 minutes until hard.
- Pop cups out of molds and set aside.
- While cups are hardening, make filling by creaming together lemonade/other unsweetened drink mix flavor with cream cheese.
- Fold in marshmallow and then fold in 1/2 of Cool Whip until smooth.
- You could spoon this into the little cups, but I piped the filling in (again- to make it easy to get all the way to the bottom of each cup).
- Spoon remainder of Cool Whip into a zip-top bag that has been fitted with a large decorating tip. Zip it tightly shut and pipe swirls on top of each cup.
- Add sprinkles (and I added a little bit of a straw to each one too, because….soooo cute! 🙂
My thoughts: These are such a fun idea for showers and other celebrations that call for something unique and yet yummy! You’ll want to keep these refrigerated (cream cheese and Cool Whip) until you serve them, but pull them out and let them soften up before serving (the chocolate is really yummy to break apart and eat with the cream!!!) Enjoy! ~r
Other mini- desserts that are party-perfect! (click on a photo to see the recipe)
I’m so glad you shared a picture of them cut in half my mind raced with what they would look like and what the texture would be! So creative! A.
Sent from my iPhone
Lol- you crack me up Annette 🙂 Thank you!!!
How long in advance can you do these?
Hi Karen 🙂 SO sorry it took me forever to reply to you- I took a two year break from blogging- but I’m back! You can make the cups way in advance- like months, if you keep them sealed in either a container or zip-bag. The filling can be kept in the fridge for about a week- but I’d add it to the cups just before serving and not store them together longer than a day or so.
Pingback: easy cake recipes White Chocolate Lemonade Cups – Sosrecipe