- 2 cups of crushed pretzel rods
- 1 tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 6 ounces (1/2 bag) of Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Using your hands, knead 1 cup of pretzel crumbs into cookie dough.
- Form into 12 balls and place into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes. Remove from oven and press centers into a cup using a mini-tart shaper or the end of a wooden spoon. Allow these to cool completely. When cool, gently run a knife around edges and remove from pan.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Dip top edges of cup into melted chocolate and then into remaining crushed pretzels. Pipe any remaining chocolate into the bottom of each cup (save just a little bit to drizzle on the top!) Allow this to harden while you make your caramel.
- To make caramel sauce: place unwrapped caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan and heat until completely melted. Stir this constantly to prevent scorching. (about 6-8 minutes).
*note: this makes about twice as much caramel sauce as you will need. You can cut the ingredients in half, but then what to do with 1/2 of a can of condensed milk?!? I say make the full batch and use the leftovers on ice cream!
- Spoon caramel into hardened cups.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate if desired.
- ENJOY!!! 🙂
My thoughts: I made this dessert for my friend Dawn. I just love the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks and we both thought that the saltiness of pretzels plus the sweetness of caramel would be perfect together. I forgot that I HATE eating pretzels with sweet things…can’t stand chocolate covered pretzels….so this dessert is not my favorite. If you like your pretzels covered in chocolate, this is the recipe for you though! I really hope you enjoy it 🙂 r-
6-14-12: I love it when readers try a recipe and share their process (changes and all!)- here’s Kitchen Mischiefs with her version of these cups using chocolate chip cookie dough—YUM!