You know it’s October when I pull out the eyeball and bones sprinkles! 🙂 These deliciously rich chocolate brownies are a family recipe that we LOVE. Whether you decorate them or not, they are guaranteed to make your family smile!
A couple of months ago, a friend of mine came across this recipe of my mom’s that I hadn’t ever made. I actually don’t remember her ever making it either, but my friend sent me a copy in my mom’s handwriting and told me that she’d made them for their wedding reception years ago. We lost my mom to cancer about 7 years ago, so I loved trying this recipe of hers for myself. And… these brownies are the BOMB. The brownies aren’t super sweet, but the frosting is like fudge. They cut *perfectly* too- which I love. When you want to share brownies with a group, there is nothing worse than trying to cut them, and ending up with gooey piles of chocolate. Plus…. they are super easy to make!
Want to try them? Here’s the recipe (printable version):
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and syrup
- Blend in flour
- Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan
- Bake at 350F for 30 min
- Combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until completely melted.
- Pour over the top of brownies
- To decorate, drizzle with colored Wilton Candy Melts and sprinkle with Halloween candies (if desired)
- Allow icing to harden up before cutting brownies into squares.
My thoughts: Just make these. Honestly, they are one of the best brownie recipes I have tried, and they have become a go-to recipe for us! Enjoy! ~r
Want to try a different Halloween dessert? We have SO MANY! Click on a photo to see the recipe:
And… our top two favorite Halloween recipes on Easybaked: