These deliciously creepy little spider cookies are special…. because the peanut butter cookies they sit on only take THREE ingredients, and are the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever tasted!
I’ve seen these cute little guys pop up online, and I’ve wanted to make them with my favorite (super-easy!) peanut butter cookies for more than a few years. They are a cute addition to any Halloween party, delicious, and sooooo easy to make. Want to know how? Here you go: (printable recipe)
Ingredients: (makes about 24 cookies)
- 2 cups peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 24 Lindt chocolates
- 1 cup of Wilton candy melts in milk or dark chocolate
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Place peanut butter, sugar and eggs into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to place 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 12 minutes (cookies will still be soft in the middle).
- Remove from oven and use a tart shaper or the rounded back of a measuring spoon to press a small round indentation into the center of the cookie (so the chocolate spider has a place to sit!).
- Bake another 2-4 minutes and remove from oven. Slide parchment paper off cookie sheet with the cookies still on top and cool completely.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between.
- Use a toothpick to put a little melted chocolate on the back of your candy eyes and attach them to the Lindt chocolate. Allow these to harden.
- Place the rest of the melted chocolate into a zip-top bag. Seal it up and cut a small corner off. Squeeze the bag and pipe legs on the top of each cookie.
- Add a bit of chocolate in the center of each cookie and set a Lindt “spider body” on top.
- Allow all chocolate to harden and ENJOY!
My thoughts: What’s not to like about these?!? A super-easy peanut butter cookie, plus chocolate? SO fun! Too busy for spiders? Just make the cookie part. You could have warm peanut butter cookies in like 20 minutes from RIGHT NOW. Aaaand…. go!
Looking for other fun Halloween treats? Here are a few- just click the photo to see the recipe!