These delicious chocolate cupcakes are filled with a blue frosting “pond” and salty goldfish crackers! A perfect treat for the fish (or fishing!) lovers in your life!
We have a fishing theme on Easybaked these past few weeks. Last week I shared my fishing bobbers and this week a cute little fishing pond! I cannot underestimate the yummy sweet and salty combination of these cupcakes! Those goldfish are a perfect little bite of salt- and simply adorable! These are cute for Father’s day or Birthdays~ and you can even add a few little flower sprinkles for the girls in your life that adore their goldfish!
These are easy-peasy to make, they use a boxed cake mix and a tub of frosting (although, if you are an over-achiever you certainly could do both from scratch!)
Here’s how we made them: (printable recipe)
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (plus water, oil and eggs to make according to package)
- Two tubs of white frosting
- About 2 cups of green sugar crystals
- One bag of Goldfish Baby crackers (they are smaller than the original crackers)
- Green and blue food coloring gels
- Make cake mix according to package and bake in 24 cupcake liners set in a baking tin. Cool completely.
- Open one tub of frosting, spoon it into a bowl, heat it for about 15 seconds in the microwave to soften it a little and color it green with food color.
- Open the second tub of frosting spoon it into a bowl, heat it for about 15 seconds in the microwave to soften it a little and color it blue with food color. Spoon it into a zip-top bag and set aside.
- Pour green sugar into a small bowl.
- To assemble: Cut a pond-shaped circle hole into the top of each cupcake using a small knife and pull out the core.
- Dip the top of the cupcake into the green frosting and then into the green sugar, coating it completely.
- Cut a corner off the bag holding the blue frosting and pipe it into the pond opening on the top of the cupcake.
- Add a couple of goldfish and flower sprinkles if desired –and enjoy!!!
My thoughts: How fun!!! I hope you get a chance to make these cute little cupcakes for your next “fishy” get-together ~ maybe this weekend at the lake cottage??? ~Enjoy!!!
Need some other fun summer ideas? We have lots of them! Click on a photo to see the recipe: