These just make me smile!! I’ve seen several versions of these recently on blogs and in stores and I had to try them- talk about quick and easy! I have no idea who originally came up with this – but kudos in the creativity department!!! Love ’em!
INGREDIENTS: (printer friendly recipe)
- One package of Nutter Butter Cookies (32 cookies)
- 6 ounces each of Wiltons candy melts in 4 fun colors: Yellow Orange
- Candy Flowers (I found mine at Michael’s Arts and Crafts)
- Melt 7oz. (1/2 a bag) of each color of candy in 4 separate bowls in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Dip one cookie at a time in the candy melts, covering it completely and then lifting it with a fork and tapping excess melted chocolate off. Set on parchment paper to harden.
- Spoon remainder of each color into small ziplock bags and clip a corner. Using a contrasting color, carefully pipe a flip flop “strap” on each cookie.
- Add a candy flower or other candy decoration to strap before it hardens.
My thoughts: Quick easy and fun. I’d love to serve them on brown sugar “sand” sometime…. Be sure you get the vanilla flavored chips– tastes just like white chocolate- even though its comes in such pretty colors. The final result tastes a little like a Butterfingers (I think…) Happy Summer to YOU! -r