You know those desserts that look incredibly difficult and are super easy? This is one of those. The cake is simply a frozen pound cake sliced and stacked with chocolate and raspberries. Makes you smile, doesn’t it?
Here’s how we made it: (printable recipe)
- One frozen pound cake
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of red raspberry jam
- 1 cup of sliced red raspberries
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- Remove pound cake from packaging and use a large serrated knife to slice it into 3 or 4 layers
- Divide the bag of chocolate chips into 2 separate microwave-safe bowls.
- Add the stick of butter to one, and the whipping cream to the other.
- Melt each bowl of chocolate, one at a time, in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Set aside the butter/chocolate glaze.
- Lay the bottom layer of the pound cake on a baking rack set over a cookie sheet.
- Spread chocolate/whipping cream mixture generously on the top of this layer and sprinkle with fresh raspberries.
- On the “bottom” of the next layer, spread raspberry jam and then gently place (jam side down) on top of the raspberries.
- Repeat this process until all layers are used.
- Refrigerate until layers firm up a little (10 minutes or so)
- Pour remaining chocolate/butter glaze over the top and sides of cake, allowing excess to run through the baking rack and onto the cookie sheet below.
- Refrigerate until glaze firms up.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!!!
My thoughts: This is so easy. A tiny bit messy with all of that melted chocolate, but once it is made, it stores well for a couple of days and makes a beautiful layered dessert. I think you could fill these layers with so many different things for different times of the year. Yum. Enjoy!!! Happy Valentine’s Day! ~r
Other fun (and creative!) Valentine’s treats, just click on a picture for the recipe: