Layers of pound cake, chocolate and raspberry are sure you make your Valentine smile this year!
You know those desserts that look incredibly difficult and are super easy? This is one of those. The cake is simply a frozen pound cake sliced and stacked with chocolate and raspberries. Makes you smile, doesn’t it?
Here’s how we made it: (printable recipe)
- One frozen pound cake
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of red raspberry jam
- 1 cup of sliced red raspberries
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- Remove pound cake from packaging and use a large serrated knife to slice it into 3 or 4 layers
- Divide the bag of chocolate chips into 2 separate microwave-safe bowls.
- Add the stick of butter to one, and the whipping cream to the other.
- Melt each bowl of chocolate, one at a time, in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Set aside the butter/chocolate glaze.
- Lay the bottom layer of the pound cake on a baking rack set over a cookie sheet.
- Spread chocolate/whipping cream mixture generously on the top of this layer and sprinkle with fresh raspberries.
- On the “bottom” of the next layer, spread raspberry jam and then gently place (jam side down) on top of the raspberries.
- Repeat this process until all layers are used.
- Refrigerate until layers firm up a little (10 minutes or so)
- Pour remaining chocolate/butter glaze over the top and sides of cake, allowing excess to run through the baking rack and onto the cookie sheet below.
- Refrigerate until glaze firms up.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!!!
My thoughts: This is so easy. A tiny bit messy with all of that melted chocolate, but once it is made, it stores well for a couple of days and makes a beautiful layered dessert. I think you could fill these layers with so many different things for different times of the year. Yum. Enjoy!!! Happy Valentine’s Day! ~r
Other fun (and creative!) Valentine’s treats, just click on a picture for the recipe: