These delicious little peanut butter cupcakes are a yummy treat for puppies and people!
(Just don’t sprinkle the people-ones with dog treats!)
So, I have this dog named Casper.
He was an answer to prayer 6 years ago and he has been making me smile and cheering my heart ever since. His 6th birthday is coming up in June and I wanted to celebrate with a dessert made just for him. I took my peanut butter cookie recipe (which is delightfully simple, using pup-friendly ingredients) and scooped it into mini-muffin tins to bake. They bake up into adorable little bite-size treats. I topped the puppy ones with whipped cream and puppy treats. Then I added a little chocolate on top of the “human” variety.
Here’s how we made them: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 24-30 mini cupcakes)
- 1c. creamy peanut butter
- 1c. sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar and eggs together in a mixing bowl.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop dough into mini cupcake liners placed in a mini cupcake tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Cool completely.
- Serve plain, or top with a little whipped cream and dog treats (for dogs)
- I like a little chocolate with my peanut butter (for humans ONLY though- chocolate makes puppies sick!)
- Enjoy! (and help your pup with that paper wrapper!)
Just like that, his “pupcake” is gone! (he needed a little help with the paper wrapper…)
Then we played with the extra whipped cream a little bit…just for fun.
My thoughts: Easy, fun and yummy for both you and your furry friends. Casper and I shared these with both human and puppy friends and they were a hit! There are only 3 basic ingredients in these, but you’ll want to make sure that neither dog nor human have allergies to them before serving! ~Enjoy!!!
Don’t miss Casper’s other recipe feature here: “Cupcakes for Casper”