These cookies are such a fun treat! Perfect as favors and prizes at parties- they just make you smile.
We’ve done lots of Oreo Pops here at Easybaked. The technique is the same for these as for our Original Oreo pops. To see the how-to photos and technique, click here.
Here’s what you will need for about 24 Oreo Pops.
- One box of Double Stuff Oreos
- One 12 oz. bag of Wiltons candy melts in yellow
- One 12 oz. bag of Wiltons candy melts in red
- One 12 oz. bag of Wiltons candy melts in dark chocolate.
- One bag of mini M&Ms.
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Candy Eyes (if desired)
- Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies.
- Using one of the pop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
- Melt the red Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the end of one stick into the melted candy melts, drizzle a little in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made.
- Place the top of the cookie back on and allow white chocolate to harden (5 minutes or so), cementing the cookie back together with a stick inside.
- Holding the stick, lower the entire Oreo into the bowl of melted red chocolate, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess chocolate to drain off and gently place covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- Add two brown mini M&Ms to each half of the pop (use the photos as a guide– leave room for the top to be dipped in chocolate and for a line to be drawn down the middle.)
- Dip half of the pops in the red chocolate and then melt the yellow chocolate and repeat the process with the 2nd half of the pops.
- When candy melts have completely hardened, melt a the dark chocolate melts.
- Use a spoon to gently scoop chocolate over the top tip of the cookie, making a head on your ladybug.
- Set each pop on parchment paper and add candy eyes (if desired) before chocolate hardens.
- After dipping the tops of all pops, and placing eyes, spoon remaining chocolate into a small ziptop bag and clip a corner.
- Pipe a line from the head of the ladybug across the top toward the stick. (use photos as a guide).
- Allow pops to harden completely.
The other reason: they make people smile. It never fails, you hand one of these crazy fun pops to anyone and they smile. Even if they can’t or won’t eat dessert….they smile. These pops are like puppies. They make people happy! Every few months I feel an overwhelming urge to make a different variety to share with you….so I hope that you enjoy them– and that you smile 🙂 ~r