Make your kids smile with these friendly spiders on a frosting web. The cupcakes are layered orange and purple- so much FUN!!!!
- One box of white cake mix (plus water, oil and eggs to make mix)
- Food coloring
- One tub of white frosting
- 24 malted milk balls
- Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts, Wilton White Candy Melts
- Yellow nonpareils or other small candy
- Make cake mix according to package.
- Divide batter into two bowls and add food coloring to make two fun fall colors. (if you want to make this recipe A LOT easier just make your batter one color.)
- Layer each color twice in 24 cupcake liners in tins (or just pour it in if you’ve only got one color).
- Bake according to package and cool.
- While cupcakes are baking and cooling, spoon frosting into bowl and color.
- Melt small amount of white candy melts, spoon into ziplock, clip corner and pipe small “eyes” on malted milk balls. Add a small candy or nonpareil if you want. Allow these to harden.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Melt about a cup of dark chocolate candy melts and spoon them into a ziplock. Clip the corner and pipe a spiral on the top of each cupcake. Use a knife or toothpick to pull from the center out through the spiral, making a web design. If you need some visual aids click here.
- Set one malted milk ball on the center of each cupcake.
- Get ready for your guests to smile at these cute little spiders!
My thoughts: I’m not going to lie…these are adorable, but they are some extra effort. If you are planing a fun Halloween party and you have time to mess around with piping chocolate eyes you will love this recipe– but if you need something quick I’d hold off on this. I would do this again in a second- it was fun and relaxing to decorate these and I love how cute they are– can’t wait to serve them!!! Hope you have fun!!!! r-