If you like Lucky Charms Cereal, you will love these chocolate-covered treats!
I was walking down the cereal aisle and a box of Chocolate Lucky Charms jumped into my cart and begged me to make a dessert with it.
That’s almost how it happened…! I love Lucky Charms and I adore the chocolate version. Did you know that just before St. Patrick’s Day they have a limited time version full of shamrocks and pots of gold. Too cute!
I had actually been wondering if the oft-used technique of Oreos + Cream Cheese, rolled into a ball and covered in chocolate would work with cereal. Perfect opportunity to try!
These are yummy little chocolate-y and marshmallow-y treats that are SO cute for the month of March!
Here’s how we put them together: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 24-36 truffles, depending on how big you make them)
- 4 cups of Lucky Charms Chocolate cereal (marshmallows and all)
- 1 bar of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temp)
- 1 bag of Wilton’s candy melts (in any color you like- I used up some leftover bags in a variety of colors)
- Finely crush cereal into crumbs (I used a food-chopper).
- Combine with cream cheese until it forms a soft ball of dough.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to dip balls of cereal into the melted candy. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to drain off excess melted candy, and slide fork along edge of bowl to remove excess.
- Place each truffle on parchment paper to harden. Top with marshmallow bits from the cereal, or sprinkles.
- Allow them to harden completely.
My thoughts: Aren’t they cute? They are pretty yummy too. I thought the consistency was a little weird, but once they are covered in chocolate it’s not as noticeable. I got a thumbs up from friends who tried them and kids LOVED them. Just a fun little St. Patricks Day project! Enjoy! ~r
Other yummy St. Patrick’s Day treats here on Easybaked: (click on image to see recipe)
I’m sorry, did you say CHOCOLATE Lucky Charms??!!
They are amazingly yummy. They remind me of Count Chocula~ Remember that cereal?
Is there a good alternative to use instead of cream cheese? The texture and flavour of it just grosses me out.
Not that I know of…? You would have to experiment…
Pingback: Cookies and Cream Pudding | The Gracious Wife