These dense chocolate brownies are topped with a creamy Bailey’s filling and a layer of soft chocolate. Yum.
It’s St. Patrick’s Day! Time to break out the Bailey’s Irish Cream (or non-alcoholic equivalent!) and add it to everything chocolate for a special break-the-monotony-of-March treat!
Doesn’t St. Patrick’s Day come at a good time? Just when you are weary of all the grey winter weather along comes a holiday that adds some GREEN to your life! These are delicious little brownies with just a touch of Irish Cream. I don’t often add alcohol to recipes, but Irish cream really adds such a fun sweet flavor here. If you want to avoid the alcohol, use the non-alcoholic coffee creamer! I actually made half of my filling with it (to compare) and I honestly couldn’t tell the difference.
Here is how we made these delicious little treats: (printable recipe here)
- 1cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Irish Cream Filling:
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream, or 1/3 cup non-alcoholic Bailey’s coffee creamer
- 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons butter (do not substitute margarine here!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and milk (alternating them and mixing well in between)
- Spread evenly in greased jelly roll pan (12 1/2 x 17 1/2 x 1″).
- Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes or until done in center and just starting to pull away from sides.
Irish Cream Filling:
- Add melted butter and Bailey’s to powdered sugar.
- Mix well, using water to bring it to a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Spread across top of cooled brownies, covering them completely.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over the top of filling and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle with jimmies before chocolate hardens (if desired)
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Store in air-tight container with parchment or wax paper between layers. Also may be frozen if tightly sealed for up to a month.
My thoughts: These are my go-to-brownie recipe, so they always work beautifully, and this time was no exception. All I ever do is mix up the flavors in the filling, and this was a good one! I also love this recipe because it freezes so well. Nothing better than having a dessert already in the freezer ahead of time! (plus they are fabulous cold!!!) I hope you get a chance to try them- Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you! ~r
Other fun Irish treats for your holiday! (click on a photo to see the recipe)
Pingback: Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies – Happy St. Patrick’s Day! | homethoughtsfromabroad626
Pingback: Fireworks Tart! | eASYbAKED