Smooth and creamy dark chocolate cheesecake covered in white and milk chocolate toppings….yum.
- 9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies (I use chocolate animal crackers)
- 1/4 c. margarine (melted)
- 2 (8oz.) packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels (melted)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. margarine (melted)
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2c. heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1/2c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2c. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs and add melted margarine. Combine well and press into the bottom of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Pour into crust and allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes,
- Turn off oven, open oven door a little and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan. Remove edge of pan.
- Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature before adding toppings.
- Put 1/4 cup of whipping cream into small saucepan and heat just until bubbling at edges. Turn heat off, add white chocolate chips, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir until smooth.
- Repeat this process in another saucepan with the milk chocolate chips.
- Pour white chocolate over cheesecake and then drizzle with milk chocolate until entire cheesecake is covered.
- Chill overnight before serving.
My thoughts: I love the new Dark Chocolate Morsels by Nestle. I’m not a huge fan of dark chocolate, but these have just the right amount of sweet. They make a very flavorful cheesecake. My favorite thing about this cheesecake is that everything is smooth and creamy- no chips, no nuts- just rich smooth chocolates. Need a chocolate fix? This is your dessert! Enjoy!