These creamy key lime pie shakes are just the thing to kick-start summer!
It’s June NEXT WEEK!!! Summer is almost here! One of my favorite flavors of summer is lime, and these creamy lime shakes with graham cracker crumbles are the best! I added sweetened condensed milk (because that’s what you add to key lime pie!) and it blended with the ice cream and lime to make the thickest, creamiest shake I’ve ever had. Even after I took photos under hot lights, these shakes were still thick and creamy! Yum.
Here’s how we made them (printable recipe here):
INGREDIENTS: (fills about 6, 8-oz. glasses)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups of non-alcoholic lime Margarita mix
- 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- A touch of green food coloring (if desired)
- Cool-Whip topping or whipped heavy cream
- About 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- Combine ice cream, margarita mix , condensed milk and food color in a blender (I have a small blender and did mine in 2 batches)
- Top with whipped cream/Cool Whip and sprinkle with graham crumbs.
- Add a cherry on top if you’d like. I hate cherries, so I added a little red Sixlet instead 🙂
- Enjoy immediately!
My thoughts: These are easy and quick to throw together- and if you like key-lime pie, you will love these refreshing little shakes! Hope you get a chance to try them!
Other key-lime recipes here on Easy-baked: (click on a photo to see the recipe)