- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed carrots (I used canned)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 T butter (melted)
- 3 cup powder sugar
- 3 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 t finely grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat together shortening, sugar, eggs and carrots until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Using a Small cookie scoop, scoop batter onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cool completely.
- To make frosting, add all ingredients together and beat until smooth,
- Frost cookies and enjoy!
My thoughts: Yuck. I don’t like carrots and I don’t like carrot cake, carrot muffins, carrot anything…these were no exception (I’ve gotta be honest here!!). I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who promises that people love them and rant and rave over them. I will find that out tomorrow when I serve them- and from you if you try them! They are easy as can be to make and they really are very moist and cake-like (which I prefer to crunchy cookies)…but those carrots….sigh. The frosting, on the other hand, is delicious. I love the orange flavor and I think it would be wonderful over lemon cupcakes- yum. In any case– enjoy—and do let me know if you try these and what you think! -r