These cream-filled, chocolate glazed, doughnut-flavored cupcakes combine two favorites into one incredible dessert! Use a fun mini-doughnut pan to make adorable decorations to top these yummy cupcakes!
Ingredients: (makes 16- 18 cupcakes)
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- 6 T. butter
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, both sugars and vanilla. Beat on medium until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, powder, soda and salt and blend.
- Add flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two and beating well in between.
- When batter is complete, scoop about 1 c. of batter into a large zip-top bag.
- Clip corner and pipe into a Wilton Mini Doughnut Pan– fill each doughnut opening a little less than 1/2 full.
- Bake mini doughnuts for about 5-6 minutes and cool on a rack.
- Decorate them as desired (cinnamon, powdered sugar…I used a simple powdered sugar/milk glaze with food coloring and sprinkles)
- Scoop remaining batter into cupcake liners in a cupcake tin, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 18-20 minutes (test them when they come out, the centers took a little time to bake all through)
- Cool cupcakes and core them (I use a Cupcake Plunger so that I have nice little circles to set back on top of the filling when I’m done.)
- Make filling: Place butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Place filling in a zip top bag and pipe evenly into each cupcake. Place the cut-out top of the cupcake back on.
- Make glaze by melting the chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave in 30 second increments stirring until smooth and shiny.
- Cool just a little (so its easy to handle) and spoon or pipe onto top of each cupcake.
- Before the glaze hardens, place a mini doughnut on top for decoration…so much fun!!!!!
My thoughts: These cupcakes are a little work with the filling and the topping (and notice, dear fans, that I did NOT use a cake mix for these!!) The extra effort really pays off in how good these cupcakes are. Oh my. Like doughnuts in cupcake form…perfect! Enjoy!!! ~r
Try some of Easybaked’s other cupcake ideas. Click on an image to get the recipe:
Oh. My. God. These might be the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen!! I want one! (or two, or three!) 😀
Aw- thank you so much! I love a high cuteness level in cupcakes too!
You are a goddess!
You obviously don’t know me very well–lol! Thank you though~ hope your blogging week is going well!!!
Just beautiful 🙂
Ruthanne these are so cute I don’t even know how to express in words how much I love them. I may have just gone “EEEEEEEEEE OMG SO CUTE” at my laptop. 😉
And I might have just died laughing reading this comment….lol….you crack me up! Thank you 🙂
these have to be the cutest cupcakes i have ever seen! Great work!
Not only are these adorable but they sound amazing! My husband would absolutely die over these! He loves filled doughnuts!
Thank you! Hope you get a chance to try them (for your husbands sake, of course!)
they are absolutely adorable! Sugar overload in an entirely pleasurable way! Amazing xx
Wow! Those cupcakes are adorable and totally delicious!! Amazing.
I am so going to try these! They look amazing.
These look dangerously good! I love that they have a cream filling as well as the doughnut topping!
Best cupcakes ever! Thanks for sharing the recipe x
You are so welcome!!!
Pingback: Mini Doughnuts!!! | eat. pray. dance.
Pingback: 10 Fun Dessert Recipes for Father’s Day! | eASYbAKED