The dark cocoa flavor of this hot fudge is the perfect topping to any dessert. Never use store-bought sauce again!
This hot fudge is a preview to my next recipe. You will need hot fudge sauce for what is coming this weekend on Easybaked! Whenever I have a dessert that needs a spoonful of hot fudge on top, this is my go-to recipe. It has hardly any ingredients, and it is easy to make, store, and reheat.
Here’s how to make it: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: makes about 2 cups of sauce.
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dark chocolate chips for less sweet sauce, and milk chocolate chips for more)
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a small saucepan, melt chips, butter, condensed milk and water together. Stir until completely smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Serve warm, or place in an airtight container (or one of these cute jars) -in the fridge for 2-3 days, reheating as needed.
My thoughts: This is my stand-by recipe for hot fudge. I got it from my friend Monica about 20 years ago, and it has stood the test of time – and topped a lot of yummy things over the years! Stay tuned for a deliciously fun treat to serve with this— coming this weekend! ~r
Things that need hot fudge on top: (click on a photo to see the recipe)
Looks so good