Baking is so much more fun with a friend! Mimi came with the idea and the lemon juice- the rest is history!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1c. flour
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/8t. lemon extract
- 1c. shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1c. sugar
- 4 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. lemon extract
- 3T. flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a fork, cut butter into flour and powdered sugar.
- Add extract and blend well.
- Press into a 9×9 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, add coconut over top, bake 10 more minutes.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients.
- When crust is done and still hot, pour topping over it and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, cut and serve!
My thoughts: I’d never made lemon bars before tonight, so experimenting with these was a little challenging 🙂 They turned out wonderfully, but if you really like the creamy lemony part of bars you might want to double the topping. Had a fun night with Mimi though- even Casper enjoyed our cooking experiments!