Baking is so much more fun with a friend! Mimi came with the idea and the lemon juice- the rest is history!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1c. flour
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/8t. lemon extract
- 1c. shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1c. sugar
- 4 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. lemon extract
- 3T. flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a fork, cut butter into flour and powdered sugar.
- Add extract and blend well.
- Press into a 9×9 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, add coconut over top, bake 10 more minutes.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients.
- When crust is done and still hot, pour topping over it and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, cut and serve!
My thoughts: I’d never made lemon bars before tonight, so experimenting with these was a little challenging 🙂 They turned out wonderfully, but if you really like the creamy lemony part of bars you might want to double the topping. Had a fun night with Mimi though- even Casper enjoyed our cooking experiments!
grabbing your button, did you feel that, lol
great work on your blog. You can grab mine if you like but don’t have to.
Pingback: Cupcakes for Casper :o) « eASYbAKED