These decadent fudge cookies are filled with creamy peanut butter…the secret ingredient? Philadelphia Cream Cheese! You’ll have a hard time deciding if you are eating candy or a cookie- so you’ll have to eat another of course- to help you decide!
INGREDIENTS: (makes 25-30 cookies)
- 1 bag (approx. 25-30) miniature peanut butter cups (unwrapped)
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup each Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Meltsand Wilton White Candy Melts (for decorating)
- Soften Philadelphia cream cheese in microwave until completely smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between.
- Add cream cheese to melted chocolate and blend well.
- Add flour and stir into a thick dough consistency.
- Flatten about 1 T. of dough in your palm, place a peanut butter cup in the center and gently wrap the dough around the cup until it is completely covered.
- Roll cookie into a ball and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove warm cookies from cookie sheet and place on parchment paper.
- To decorate: melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Dip 1/2 of each cookie into the white chocolate and set on a fresh piece of parchment paper.
- Drizzle dark chocolate over the top of each cookie and allow toppings to harden (you can refrigerate to speed this process along!)
My thoughts: This is another recipe submission for Real Women of Philadelphia- this community brings out my very best creativity- love it! I think you will love these cookies- they are fun to make and SO fun to eat!!! YUM!!