Thanksgiving is past….shopping has begun…must be time for CHRISTMAS BAKING!!!!! These fun little fudge cookies take advantage of all the great flavors of Hershey kisses available this time of year and they are SO beautiful on the table!
- 1 bag (approx. 60) Hershey kisses (YOU choose the flavor!)
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts, Wilton White Candy Melts (and other colors for decorating as desired).
- Soften Philadelphia cream cheese in microwave until completely smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between.
- Add cream cheese to melted chocolate and blend well.
- Add flour and stir into a thick dough consistency.
- Flatten about 1 tsp. of dough in your palm, place a kiss in the center and gently wrap the dough around the kiss until it is completely covered.
- Roll cookie into a ball and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove warm cookies from cookie sheet and place on parchment paper.
- Decorate as desired- like this:
From top to bottom:
1. Mint truffle kisses: Dip 1/2 of cookie in green Wiltons candy melts, drizzle entire cookie with dark chocolate melts.
2. Coconut kisses: Dip top in white Wiltons candy melts, pipe a little bit of dark chocolate melts in the center and top with coconut.
3. Caramel kisses: To make a caramel color I mixed white melts with dark chocolate and added a bit of yellow food color. Dip 1/2 of the cookie in this and drizzle with dark chocolate.
4. Cherry Cordial kisses: Dip top of cookie in white melts, dab a tiny bit of green melt in the center and pull up to make a cherry stem and add a red sprinkle in the center.
5. (see top picture) Candy Cane kisses: Dip 1/2 of cookie in white melts and drizzle with red and green melts.
My thoughts: I have become a Hershey Kiss Hoarder because of this recipe. As soon as I see a new flavor I have to try it in these cookies– and then I buy like 5 bags so that I can have them for this recipe all year long. All the flavors shown ARE available right now except for the coconut (EASTER, sorry…)… One note: the firm centered kisses (coconut, raspberry, mint truffle, candy cane etc.) work best in these cookies, as the soft centered ones tend to leak out a little (see my top picture- I’m missing some caramel 😦 ) These are the perfect bite-sized treat for any kind of occasion and kids have SO much fun wrapping dough around kisses! ENJOY!!!! r-