We are going to stray a bit from the usual into the bizarre in this post. Typically I like to share fun, easy and unique dessert recipes with you- and this is all three of those things- plus a hint of Guiness Book of World Records.
Let me explain: I help to lead COLLISION, the college-age group at our church and one of the things we do each month is a “Live Your Dream” night. Each person in our group has submitted a “dream” for something they have always wanted to do but never have and we try to (often very creatively!) fulfill the dream. This weekend we made Ryan’s dream come true– a ten layer s’more with 10 different kinds of chocolate (a dream that I never even thought to have, but should have!)
We spent our Saturday raking leaves at a camp for inner city kids- its a really cool ministry that has a TON of trees (and therefore a lot of leaves to rake this time of year). As the day drew to a close, we cooked hotdogs over a bonfire and then made Ryan’s dream a reality:
- Graham Crackers- lots of them (they break and you really need whole ones!)
- 10 (+) kinds of chocolate. We used: Hershey’s milk chocolate, dark chocolate, cookies and cream, milk chocolate cookies and cream, white chocolate, Mr. Goodbar, Krackel, mini snickers, milky way, dark milky way, 3 musketeers, and last (but definitely not least!) Twix.
- Marshmallows- lots– and it helps to have lots of people toasting them all at the same time!
- Unwrap all your chocolate and set up 10 full sheets of graham crackers with chocolate on top (lots of it!)
- Roast 2 marshmallows per layer
- Assemble! We put it together in two stacks and added them together for 11 layers at the very end- otherwise it will tip.
- Tip it sideways on a couple of plates to serve it– people can just pull off what they want 🙂
Ready for some pictures??? Here you go:
My thoughts: This was SO much fun! We laughed and stressed out about not having unwrapped chocolate in time for all the marshmallows and took a ton of pictures– and then ate AMAZING s’mores (mine had caramel oozing out of one of the layers—BEST s’more ever!!!!!! Next time you go camping you simply HAVE to try this– your kids will love it!!!
Adding caramel to smores is BRILLIANT.Looks delicious!
Thank you 🙂
I’m sorry, but smores with twix??? I’m 1000% behind that idea and nothing about that could be wrong. Looks like you at some good fun with these smores. Cheers!
Thanks- it was really fun and I HIGHLY recommend any candy bar with caramel on a s’more- I can never go back to just plain chocolate….!
Oh Mannnnnn – so tasty! The caramel and twix…fabulous!!! This would be a great idea for a camping birthday party and the kids could create their own concoctions.
Thanks Kit– thats a GREAT party idea- love it!
PIctures make this recipe look even yummier!! You are so fun!
Thanks for being such a great friend Dawn– I’m bringing you cookies.
Pingback: 14 Ridiculous Foods You Need to Eat Before Summer Ends