I get requests for my mint creme brownies a lot. I could never open a bakery because I get really bored re-making desserts! The latest request came from my friend Gabe. I agreed to make them, but decided to try a new presentation. These are a little more work- but turned out great. These would be perfect bite-size treats for showers or luncheons- and since its so close to Halloween, you could even drizzle some orange candy melts on top for a Halloween party treat!
- 1c. butter
- 2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2c. cocoa
- 1/2tsp. salt
- 1c. milk
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- green food coloring (to desired shade of green)
- 6oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6tsp. butter (do not substitute margarine here!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and milk (alternating them and mixing well in between)
- Pipe batter evenly in mini cupcake liners in a mini cupcake tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Add melted butter to sugar and extract.
- Mix well, using water to bring it to a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Add food coloring to desired shade of green.
- Pipe over cooled brownie cups and chill for a few minutes to harden up.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Spoon over cooled mint creme
- Chill until top layer is hard and drizzle with melted candy coating if desired
One layer of goodness on top of another lay. Looks amazing!
These look amazing! I can understand why you get repeated requests for them. Super cute.
Yum! I love all things mint and chocolate. These look super scrumptious.
Those look fantastic and I love the presentation.
What a wonderful idea! These are adorable! I love mint and chocolate together, especially in little bite size servings 🙂
Thanks Stefanie! 🙂
I love this idea! They are so cute 🙂 Love your blog!
Thank you!!! Love yours too- just sent your blog address to my friends at Happily Ever After Cakes- they live in Bethlehem and from your pictures you must at least live close 🙂 I want to go to that dessert festival– wow…. 🙂
Pingback: Mint creme brownie cups. Wow. These are perfect! - Pinterest Cupcake