Try a new twist on the pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving: crisp squares of pie crust ready to dunk in a creamy pumpkin pie dip! This is the perfect Thanksgiving party dessert recipe!!!
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 box (8oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- Cinnamon and granulated sugar – enough to dust crust squares.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crusts on a cutting board and using a knife or pizza cutter slice into squares.
- Place pieces of crust on a cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray and dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes- until light brown and toasted.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl and cream it with the brown sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix with a mixer on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 tub of Cool Whip.
- Place in a serving dish and top with remaining Cool- Whip. Dust with cinnamon.
- Serve dip with crispy cinnamon crust squares– YUM!
My thoughts: Again, pumpkin is not a flavor I enjoy– I did taste test this though, and went back for seconds! This was a HUGE hit both times I served it and I had so many people ask for the recipe I decided to post this earlier than intended so I don’t get mobbed. If you want to try a unique twist on the traditional pumpkin pie, this is it! Make a practice round before Thanksgiving and try it out on your friends– they will love you! ENJOY!!! r-
mmm this looks delicious- I love using pumpkin in different ways!
Thanks Lindsay! You are so HEALTHY!!!! I’m afraid my creations will mainly disturb you….I have so many friends who run marathons– good for you! I walked a 10K for my 1st ever race experience this fall and I loved it–not sure about the whole marathon idea though…. 🙂 I’ll sit at the finish line with brownies and cheer you all in!
And I’ll bet those brownies would be aaaamazing 🙂
Yummy! Now you’re making me wish that Canadians saved Thanksgiving for November — after Halloween comes and goes, pumpkin-eatin’ season is pretty much over. 😦
Wonderful, looks amazing all around.
Hello Ruthanne! Noel just told me about your blog – love it. We will be trying this dip out! Here is a variation I just read today that you might enjoy served with Ginger Snaps.
Pingback: Tasty Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin « Quiver Full of Blessings
Pingback: Little Pumpkin Shower: The Food | Twodaloo
I love pumpkin pie and want to try this so very bad, I however strongly dislike Cool Whip and am wondering if using whipping cream as a substitute would be too heavy? Are there other alternatives if it is?
I’m not sure..? You could certainly try it with whipping cream- or maybe Dream Whip?
Going to try this. Think it would go good with ginger snaps or snickers doodles.
Oh ginger snaps sound soo yummy with this!!! Enjoy!!