These fun little peanut butter cookies are SO easy– only 3 ingredients in the cookies (and gluten free!) Add a pretzel and a little chocolate and you have a fun fall dessert! Your kids will love helping you make these for your Thanksgiving table!
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- pretzel sticks
- 1/2 bag (6 oz.) of Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- chocolate sprinkles to decorate with
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar and eggs.
- Using about a tablespoon of cookie dough, roll it into an oblong roll (about the size and shape of a small jalapeno). The cookies will spread when they cook and make a fun acorn oval once they are baked.
- Break about 1/2 to 1 inch off of a pretzel rod and gently push it into the top of the cookie roll. (see photo!)
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on parchment paper to cool.
- Melt Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments (stirring between).
- Dip top of cookie and pretzel into chocolate (I used a spoon to make an even line across the top), tap cookie on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.
- Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies before chocolate has hardened.
My thoughts: I’ve loved this peanut butter cookie recipe for years and wanted to use it to make a fun fall-themed dessert. It took a little experimenting with the shape of the dough before I got an acorn shaped cookie– my 1st few tries looked more like apples! 🙂 I just love how they turned out, they make me smile and use a favorite recipe– I hope you get a chance to try these this fall! r-