In honor of my FAVORITE team (yes, I own a cheesehead) and my friends’ favorite team (cheered for the Bengals today…sorry Colts!) Here are some NFL inspired cupcakes. There is nothing fancy about the cupcake or the frosting— just some fun coloring and decorating going on here. Hope this inspires YOU to celebrate your team in sugar!!! (GO PACKERS!!!!!)
- One box of white cake mix (with oil, water and eggs to make it according to the box)
- 2 tubs of white frosting (or try my favorite buttercream recipe)
- Food coloring
- Decorations in team colors (I created toppers from Wiltons Candy Melts, or you could use team colored sprinkles)
- Make cake mix according to box and divide batter. Put 3/4 in one bowl and 1/4 in the other bowl. Color with your two team colors (I use food coloring gels so they don’t change the consistency of my batter or frosting too much)
- Spoon the larger amount into cupcake liners, filling each about half-way.
- Spoon the smaller amount in circles on top and use a skewer or knife to swirl the colors together (FUN!!!)
- Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and cool– they are SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
- While they are cooling make your toppers (if you decide to try these)
- Use Wilton Candy Melts (for the dark blue I had to look elsewhere- we have them in local specialty shops right now because of football season- or you might need to order online….)
- I found candy molds in the shape of horseshoes (easy) and tried to find other NFL molds–don’t exist! So for my beloved Packers I found a triangle mold and did what any enterprising girl would do— I used my (never been used before) tire pressure gauge to make happy little dots on my “cheese” toppers. Thanks for the gauge dad! I’m FINALLY using it 🙂 Not sure if you can use a pressure gauge AFTER its been run through the dish washer….?
- Also, make your frosting up. Again- just color it with food color gels to the color of your favorite team!
- When your cupcakes are cool, frost (I piped the frosting on with a decorator tip) and top with fun decorations!
- Enjoy!!!! (GO PACKERS!)
My thoughts: What football fan wouldn’t love these? Plus its a mix– soooo easy! Get your kids to help and you have one fun and yummy treat!
Oh my goodness! I love those little cheese-toppers so much!! you are both talented AND resourceful!
P.S. Yay Packers! Our team’s doing so well this year!
Thanks Chelsea! Your creations are amazing too! Loving this Packer season– Yippeeeee!
You amaze me!!!! Awesome pics again!!!! Oh, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the new logo. How did you do that?
Thanks Megan 🙂 I’m learning graphic design from my friend Sarah (who is amazing!) Check out her blog– she is creating beautiful homeschooling materials! I’ve been wanting a new header for awhile and I finally spent an ENTIRE Saturday creating it– took the picture of my measuring spoons and then created the logo in Illustrator (with a little help from Sarah when I got stuck!) put it all together– and I love it 🙂 Thanks for noticing!!
I love the new logo too! I’d also enjoy eating one of these yummy-looking cupcakes with you friend. Miss you.
I miss you too Angie! July 24, 25 and 26ish is when we are planning to come (after camp) -that will be here before you know it– and maybe we can bake together!
Those are too cool.
These look AWESOME(!) and I appreciate the creativity using the tire pressure gauge to make the cheese. Ingenious.
Haha – I think there was a very good amount of sugar consumed before this post. And it does look like great fun, I especially like the use of the tire gauge!!
Sugar always helps the creative process doesn’t it??!! 🙂
Hi Ruthanne, I am a Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers fan. However, I must admit that your beautiful photographs stopped me in my tracks. They are definitely eye-catching and making me hungry. 🙂 Also the cooking directions are easy to follow. Thanks for the creative ideas. These are perfect for football parties.
Thanks Pamela– I had to stop and think what I’d do for a creative topper for those two teams– YIKES! Good luck with that 🙂 At least you can make fun swirled cupcakes!
I came across this post from Pinterest but I just had to say go pack go!!!! 🙂 I’m going to have to make the packers one for the upcoming season!!
Yay!!! Go Pack! 🙂 I’m actually going up to Green Bay this weekend to run the 5K– so excited!
They are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
You are so welcome!
Pingback: NFL Cupcakes! | eASYbAKED - CelebritiesHQ.org – News and Gossip from CelebritiesHQ World
Reblogged this on Today is a new day.
I owe you a BIG HUG!! There is an ENORMOUS Packer fan base here in Houston, TX (we’re everywhere, aren’t we?), and there is one particular bar that serves as the Packers hub every game day. Long story short, I baked these cutie-pie cupcakes for the season kick-off last night and they were a HUGE SUCCESS!! I wish I could attach a photo, they were beautiful. I found your same paper cups online at Bake It Pretty and the yellow Wilton’s chocolates at Wal-mart. I went all-out and used a Williams-Sonoma vanilla cupcake and buttercream recipe, though, because I love homemade. And, I did not use a tire gauge (Lol!), but I did use a toothpick that had one sharp end and one blunt end to smooth out the little holes. Anyway, other Packers fans kept stalking the cupcakes, taking photos, posting on Instagram, etc. I came clean and said I saw the idea on this site, but still. It was so much fun to show them off!! Thank you!! And most importantly, GO, PACK, GO!!! 🙂
Ah! Big hugs back!!!! This comment made me smile:0) I’m soooo glad the cupcakes were such a huge hit! Yay!!!! Stories like this make me so happy. Thanks so much for sharing!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!!!