These easy-to-make chocolate cut-outs can be used to create so many wonderful Christmas treats. Here, I used Christmas Linzer Cookie Cutters to make fun Christmas sandwich cookies. These rich, cocoa-flavored cookies just might be your family’s new favorite cookie!
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 T. milk
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 2/3 to 1 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat together all ingredients but soda and flour, mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Add soda and flour. Add flour until dough can be handled and rolled into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough and cut. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet completely.
- Gently remove and decorate. I used Wiltons Candy Melts between my sandwich layers, but you could use frosting as well
My thoughts: These have such a wonderful cocoa flavor and they are very easy to make. They roll out nicely and bake without rising too much. If you are using a Linzer cutter, make sure you don’t roll your dough too thin- the top cookies (the ones with the shapes cut out) may break once they are baked. Thicker worked better for me.
Also– this is a small batch of cookies. If you are making sandwich cookies like mine you will only get about 20 cookies. You can easily double the recipe for more though. I hope you and your family love these– enjoy!
Ruthanne, these are such a pretty and festive treat! I love the cut-outs and the different colors you used to layer them… Perfect for Christmas!
Thanks so much! 🙂
Those are too cool!
Pingback: Easy Lemon Cut-out Cookies « eASYbAKED
Pingback: 25 Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes
Pingback: 25 Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes - Salle De Sport
Pingback: 25 köstliche Weihnachtsplätzchen-Rezepte – Dolds Blog