Chocolate cake filled with layers of fudge and whipped peanut butter- yum!
- One chocolate cake mix (with water, eggs and oil to make according to box)
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip topping
- One tub of ready-made chocolate frosting (I used dark chocolate..mmmm…)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2- 8 or 9 inch round pans with cooking spray.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom of both pans and spray this with cooking spray.
- Make cake mix according to package and pour evenly into two pans.
- Bake according to package.
- Tip cakes over onto a cake rack to cool completely.
- Make filling by beating together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently fold in the container of whipped topping.
- Make fudge sauce by spooning pre-made frosting into a microwave-safe bowl and heating in microwave for about 30 seconds (until smooth and creamy when stirred).
- Prepare cakes by leveling the tops using a large serrated knife, then cut each cake into 2 layers using the same serrated knife or a Wire Cake Slicer .
- Place one layer onto serving plate, top with 1/4 of peanut butter filling
- Place second layer of cake on top of 1st, spread a layer (about 1/3 of the total amount) of frosting fudge over cake, top with another 1/4 of peanut butter filling.
- Place 3rd layer of cake on top of 2nd, spread 1/4 of peanut butter filing over layer.
- Top with final layer, rest of peanut butter filling and then pour remaining frosting fudge over the top, pushing it over the edges. Sprinkle with mini peanut butter cups and chill before serving.
My thoughts. Really easy cake and fillings. The hardest part is simply cutting the cake into layers. I really like this cake served cold…it doesn’t have to be…that’s just how I like it— chilled peanut butter cup cake- yum. Enjoy!!
Wow. Totally… Just such a yummy cake! You’re always so creative… Whipped peanut butter.. I’d like to try a slice of this one!
Thanks Smidge 🙂
talk about indulgent! that’s amazing!! i love how you added the mini peanut butter cups for a super pretty decorative touch! you are sooooooo creative!! 🙂
I want one!!! I just happen to have a fondness for peanut butter& chocolate and I love how those flavours are amplified in your cake! Definite winner 🙂
What a show stopper!
That top picture is amazing and totally drool worthy! I agree as well – cutting a cake in layers is HARD and something I’m yet to perfect. Nom Nom Nom …
OMG…I’m just drooling right now.
lol– the pictures did their job then! 🙂
OMG…I think I just fell in LOVE!
Lol– it is THAT yummy….I agree. I love this cake so much. 🙂
I AM DEFINITLY GOING TO MAKE THIS CAKE YUUUUUUUUUUUUUMYYYY!!!!!
My niece made this for me and oh my goodness! Pure awesomeness! Making it for a gathering at my house and am going to make fall cookie cutter shapes out of melted peanut butter chips! Yummm!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! The cookie cutter shapes with melted chips sounds so fun!!! I agree– yummmm!!!
Pingback: Peanut Butter Cup Layer Cake | dessertrecipes180.com