These delicious cookie bars have white chocolate and coconut on the bottom and key lime pie filling with whipped cream on top. Such a refreshing treat for summer!
I love key lime pie. I love cookies. These smash those two worlds together into a sweet and tart summer dessert! Love it!
Here’s how we made it: (printable recipe)
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1/3c. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Key lime topping:
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- One tub of cool whip, or 2 cups of whipping cream, whipped.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs well.
- Add chips, coconut and graham crumbs, and mix together with clean hands until well- combined.
- Press mixture into a greased cake pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350F degrees.
- While this is baking, make key lime topping.
- Mix together lime juice, condensed milk and one egg until well combined.
- Pour over partially baked cookies and return to oven for another 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and top with whipped topping, sprinkle with graham crumbs, if desired.
- Chill until serving, but allow dessert to return to room temperature before serving.
Other refreshing summer treats: (click on a photo to see the recipe)