Easy and yummy- this ice cream cake will serve a ton of people and they will be so surprised that you didn’t get it at the store! I just made it for a group of people and it easily served 18. Quick– before summer is over– bring on the ICE CREAM!!!
- 10-12 ice cream sandwiches (any flavor- I used cookies and cream ones)
- 2 half-gallon containers of ice cream (any flavor- pick ones that go well together!)- you will not use all of both flavors in this cake.
- 2 jars of hot fudge sauce at room temperature
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1/2 tub of Cool Whip
- Line the sides of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
with strips of parchment paper. Use non-stick spray to hold the strips in place.
- Cut ice cream bars into 4 like this: (YUM!!)
- Place the cut bars along the edge of the spring form pan like this:
- Crush the Oreos in a plastic bag- or in a food processor.
- Press 1/3 of the Oreo crumbs in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon both jars of fudge into a large sturdy ziplock bag. Clip the tip off and drizzle about 1/3 over the top.
- Spoon softened ice cream (about 1/3 of tub) over layer. (I scoop ice cream into bowl and stir it until it’s smooth- like a thick shake– it’s easier to spread then.) Repeat twice, reserving a few cookie crumbs and a little fudge for decorating. (You will use one flavor of ice cream twice and one only once.)
- Spoon Cool Whip over top, sprinkle with cookies and drizzle with fudge. Chill immediately overnight.
- Before serving, remove outer ring of pan and peel away parchment paper. Allow cake to sit at room temperature for a few minutes so it is easier to cut.
My thoughts: I love this recipe— I’ve made this cake many many times over the years- it is the perfect recipe for when you need to make something ahead of an event. WORK FAST!! Cut your ice cream sandwiches fast (I sometimes keep 1/2 of them in the freezer until the 1st half are cut) Have everything ready and put it together quickly and get it in the freezer. If you linger the ice cream will begin to drip from the bottom of the pan (which is still ok- just get it on a plate and into the freezer. ) You can freeze between layers if you want to take your time. I just throw it all together at once and YUM!!! Hope you enjoy this summer treat!