A perfect mini-dessert!
Let’s hear it for Boston Cream Pie! I’m not sure why they call it pie when it is so obviously cake… but that aside, it is wonderful! I love little bite-size mini desserts, and I’ve wanted to create a Boston cream pie one for some time. These turned out exactly like I wanted them to. Beautiful, bite-sized, and delicious! 🙂
Plus we use refrigerated cookie dough and instant pudding- so these are easy to make!
Here’s how we made these little guys (printable recipe here)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 48 cookie cups)
- One tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 box (3.3 oz.) of instant Jell-O brand white chocolate pudding (plus milk to make according to box)
- 2 sticks of butter (divided)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red Sixlets candy or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and liberally spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll cookie dough into 48 small balls (about 1 heaping teaspoon in size)
- Place balls into mini muffin cups and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Use a tart shaper or a wooden spoon to press centers of baked cookie into a cup.
- Cool just slightly and then run a small knife around edges to free cup from tin. Cool completely.
- Make pudding according to box and place into a large zip-top bag. Clip a corner and pipe evenly into all 48 cups.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and chocolate chips in a microwave in 30-second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon into a zip-top bag, clip a corner and pipe over top of pudding.
- Allow chocolate to harden.
- Place stick of butter, powdered sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into a small zip-top bag that has been fitted with a decorating tip, and pipe a dollop of icing on top of each cookie cup.
- Top with a Sixlet candy and ENJOY!!!
My thoughts: These are so yummy. A little extra work to make them into little mini-desserts, but aren’t they cute??? I love the cookie flavor with the filling and chocolate- it adds a different taste than your usual Boston Cream Pie 🙂 One note: make these just a day or so before serving them, as the pudding tends to make the cookie cups a little soggy after sitting a few days. Hope you get a chance to try these! ~r
Other fun mini-desserts here on Easybaked (click on a photo to see the recipe):