These cute little snowmen are easy to put together and make cute stocking stuffers or party favors!
What could be better than an Oreo cookie?? An Oreo cookie dipped in white chocolate and decorated as a fun hat-wearing snowman!
These are really fun. If you’ve tried making Oreo pops already, these will be a breeze for you. If this is your 1st time, you will want to refer to my original Oreo pop recipe to see pictures of these steps. Click HERE to see the tutorial.
- One package of Double Stuff Oreos
- 2 (12oz.) bags of Wilton White Candy Melts
- 24 Lollipop sticks
- Small amounts of colored Wilton Candy Melts for eyes, nose and hats
- 24 M&Ms in colors that match your hat colors.
- Fun ribbons to tie on as scarves
- Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies.
- Using one of the pop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
- Melt the Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the end of one stick into the melted white chocolate, drizzle a little in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made.
- Place the top of the cookie back on and allow white chocolate to harden (5 minutes or so), cementing the cookie back together with a stick inside.
- Holding the stick, lower the entire Oreo into the bowl of melted white chocolate, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess chocolate to drain off and gently place covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- Melt small amounts (about 2 c. TOTAL) of Wilton candy melts in your hat colors.
- Hold coated Oreo over bowl and gently spoon color over top edge of cookie at an angle to make a hat shape. Use spoon to shape this.
- Tap cookie over bowl and slide bottom edge against edge of bowl to remove excess.
- Gently place an M&M on the cookie- against the melted candy melts and wait a few seconds for it to stick.
- Set pop back on parchment paper to harden.
- Use a toothpick to add eyes and a nose with Wilton candy melts in black and orange. (If you want to color your white candy melts for these tiny bits of color you can use Wilton Icing Colors in them.)
- Allow pops to harden completely and add a cute ribbon to the lollipop stick for a scarf.
You can put these into cute clear cello bags, tie them shut and give them as gifts or put them in a cute jar or basket as a Oreo Pop arrangement for your Holiday party!
The best part???? There’s an OREO inside!!
Enjoy these yummy winter treats!!!!!!
Click on the banner below to get more Holiday ideas and free printable gift tags: