These festive, fun cookies are made with refrigerated cookie dough, and are SO easy! A little chocolate on the bottom and you have not only cute cookies, but really yummy ones as well!!!!
I keep seeing these swirled cookies online and I decided I simply had to try them in halloween colors this year. They were a little time consuming, simply because you need to color your cookie dough and then blend the colors together. Not hard at all– but set aside a little prep time.
Want to see how to put these together? Here’s the recipe: (printable version)
- 1 tube refrigerated cookie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- Gel food coloring in the colors you desire
- 1 bag of Wiltons dark chocolate candy melts.
- Divide cookie dough into 4 equal parts and color each part using food color gels. (I recommend wearing food-prep gloves to save your hands from being colored along with the dough! Also, start with the lightest color 1st)
- Starting with the lightest color, divide each part of dough into small balls (about the size of a small grape)
- Take one ball of each color in your hand, and gently squeeze it into a 4-color ball.
- Roll each ball out into a long strip and then gently coil it together into a cookie. Tuck end under cookie and gently place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F degrees for time recommended on cookie dough tube.
- Remove from oven by sliding parchment paper off cookie sheet and on to a flat surface.
- Cool cookies completely
- Melt Wiltons candy melts in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring between until smooth.
- Spoon a bit of melted chocolate on a clean piece of parchment paper- make it about the size of one cookie.
- Gently press a cookie on top of the chocolate until you can see it around the edges.
- Allow chocolate to cool and harden.
- Peel away parchment paper and ENJOY your cute cookies!!!!
My thoughts: These were a fun Halloween baking project. I really enjoyed how each cookie looked so unique and I learned as I went how to swirl them most effectively (so that all the colors can be seen on top). I loved using the pre-made cookie dough, that saved a lot of time! I hope you get a chance to try these!!! Enjoy!! ~r
Other fun Halloween ideas from Easybaked: