This is the best cheesecake I’ve ever made. That’s saying a lot because I’ve made many, many cheesecakes.
In case you missed last week’s post, Easybaked is featuring family “tried and true” recipes during the month of November. This week our star baker is my Aunt Vonda. She is the queen of desserts in our family and literally everything she makes is scrumptious! This cheesecake is one of my very favorite family desserts. I’ve wanted the recipe for years and once I finally got to make it for myself I was even more impressed. Not only is is delicious….it is actually easier to make than most cheesecakes I’ve tried….and oh, SO good.
This is the cheesecake for a cheesecake purist. No crazy toppings or fillings- just plain cheesecake. Usually I’m not a huge fan of plain cheesecake, but the flavor and texture of this one is incredible.
Here you go: (printable version)
- 1 1/4 cups Honeymaid graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese bars (must be the Philadelphia brand)~ softened to room temperature.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine crust ingredients together until well combined.
- Press into a 9″ spring form pan, pressing crumbs into bottom and about 1 1/2″ up sides of pan.
- For the filling, combine the sugar and softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice and salt and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- While cheesecake is baking, make topping by simply mixing together all of the topping ingredients.
- After 35-45 minutes of baking, remove cheesecake from oven and turn oven down to 325F degrees.
- Pour topping over hot cheesecake, gently spreading to edges.
- Return cheesecake to oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and leave sides on pan while allowing cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate several hours (or overnight)
- Remove edges of spring form pan before serving and serve with fresh fruit, pie filling or a chocolate or caramel sauce.
My thoughts: Well, you already know how much I love this cheesecake because I’ve gone on and on about it. This is a must-try recipe. You will love it. A huge thanks to my Aunt Vonda for sharing her recipe with us!!! Yum!!! ~r