This easy pecan pie is full of warm and creamy caramel and nuts. A Christmas tradition at our house, it’s sure to be a big hit with your family!
Our family has had some odd Christmas eve traditions. Most notable among them: eating dinner at Arby’s before the Christmas Eve service at church. I’m not sure how that one got started, but it just wasn’t Christmas Eve without a roast beef sandwich in a cold and relatively lonely Arbys. Looking back, it was a little depressing I guess… empty restaurant, workers ready to go home, elevator-style Christmas music… but as a kid it was magical. Our whole family together on the eve of so many exciting things… eating roast beef.
After I left for college, my parents got new neighbors and this wonderful lady would knock on our door every year on Christmas Eve and bring us this pie, piping hot and oozing caramel. It became a new tradition and we all called it “Christmas Eve Pie”.
The neighbors have since moved, but whenever I taste this pie I am transported to happy memories of Christmas Eves past, enjoying this dessert with my family around me, watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” by the fire. As you enjoy your Christmas traditions with your family, I pray you are blessed with beautiful memories and delicious food! Merry Christmas dear friends!!!!
Here’s the recipe: (printable version)
- one pie crust (use your own or get pre-made)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) jar of caramel topping
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz) pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Press pie crust into pie plate
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved
- Stir in caramel topping and butter
- Stir in pecan halves
- Pour filling into pie shell
- Bake at 350F degrees for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
- Serve warm, but chill to store.
Other Christmas recipes at Easybaked: