I love new products in the grocery store. Love them. Last week, on an end cap there was something intriguing: Jet-puffed Mallow Bits by Kraft. My store had them in plain and peppermint. They are exactly like the tiny crunchy marshmallow bits found in hot chocolate packets….but in sprinkle form (and in yummy peppermint!).
I tossed a container in my cart and immediately began to daydream about all the wonderful things I could put them in….these cookies are just the beginning….don’t be surprised if you see these little pieces of crunchy happiness in another post soon.
These little chocolate drops have a rich cocoa flavor. They are just FULL of mini chocolate chips and gooey peppermint marshmallows…. *love*
- 1 c. margarine
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c. cocoa
- 2-3 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 2 c. Mallow Bits in peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Use a mixer to beat margarine and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in cocoa.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix by hand (dough will be very thick).
- Add chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Knead dough together until smooth (add more flour if too sticky to knead)
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. (I use a Small Cookie Scoop to make my cookies all the same size)
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on parchment paper.
These are the perfect party cookie and just in time for Valentines day! Enjoy!