These mini Chocolate cakes are filled with a creamy Heath Bar filling and covered in a chocolate glaze.
A few weeks ago I posted a Boston Cream Pie recipe using this fun little Mini Cake Pan. Again, this recipe would work just fine as a regular cake with the cream as a filling between the layers and the glaze poured over the top– but I chose cute over practical and used these pans. This is the second dessert I’ve done in them and they just turn out beautifully! Here’s the recipe- it is an easy one!!!
- One chocolate cake mix (with oil, water and eggs to make according to box)
- 2 c. Cool Whip Topping
- 2 1/2 c. crushed Heath Bars
- 2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1 T. corn syrup
- Make glaze 1st: Melt together chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Place in fridge for at least one hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make cake mix according to box
- Spoon about 1/2 c. of batter into each Mini Cake Pan
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes
- Tip baked cakes on to a cake rack and cool completely.
- Repeat this process (one cake mix will make 4-5 complete cakes)
- To make filling, combine Heath bars with Cool Whip topping.
- Spoon filling in the cavity in each cake.
- Tip one cake layer on to a second (keeping the fillings in the middle)
- Remove glaze (it will be pretty thick) from the fridge and frost tops and sides of each cake.
- Reheat remaining glaze and pour over the top of each cake to make a smooth outer layer (do this on a cake rack over a cookie sheet so excess glaze can drip through).
- Sprinkle tops of each cake with remaining crushed Heath bars.
- Chill until glaze is hard.
My thoughts: I’m a huge fan of heath bars and chocolate together, so this was a dream dessert in my book! I really like how the white filling is a “surprise” when you cut into the cake. These are VERY easy to make and put together- my only dilemma was the glaze. I tried it with the Boston cream Pie recipe and struggled with it then, but it was SO YUMMY that I used it again here. I didn’t get the smooth finish I was hoping for…sigh. If any of you have a good smooth glaze that you use– please share!!!! Enjoy!!! -r
NOTE: This recipe will be automatically posted for me as I will be out of the country for a few weeks. I will be unable to answer your questions or respond to your comments during this time– my apologies ahead of time! I will catch up with all of you when I return! -r
These are absolutely adorable! And I love heath bar desserts-I bet this tastes amazing!!