These soft brownies topped with cookie dough and fudge are an easy family favorite!!
I’m back! Thanks for your patience this past month. This was the 1st break I’ve taken from Easybaked in nearly 4 years, but there are just some times in life that knock you over and even your favorite things (like baking and blogging!) hold no appeal.
We lost my beautiful mom very quickly last month to aggressive cancer. She is woven through this collection of recipes in so many ways. She taught me how to bake, she shared her best dessert ideas, and she helped me brainstorm new and creative ways to remake a recipe.
She was my biggest fan. As I post this recipe later this week, I will miss her text; “Honey, I loved your blog post- are you bringing those home this weekend? They look so good!”
These cookie dough brownies are mom’s recipe- with a new twist. Mom made these all the time, with mint filling. They have been featured here on Easybaked many times- with all kinds of different fillings. If you’d like to see these other recipes, just click on the photo!
As you can see, almost any filling is a wonderful addition to these dense, rich brownies. Cookie dough is no exception- it is WONDERFUL, cuts beautifully into squares, and can be kept refrigerated for three to four days or frozen for up to a month. (I love make-ahead desserts!!!) Want to know how to make these? Here you go: (printable recipe)
- Two sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of water (more or less, to desired consistency)
- 1 bag of mini chocolate chips
- 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and milk (alternating them and mixing well in between)
- Pour batter into a jellyroll pan (12 1/2 x 17 1/2 x 1″)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until done in center and pulling slightly away from sides.
- Place powdered sugar and melted butter into a large mixing bowl, and use a mixer to beat on medium until crumbly.
- Add vanilla, brown sugar and flour and continue mixing.
- Add water, a little at a time, until a thick but spreadable consistency is reached.
- Beat on high until smooth and creamy
- Add bag of mini chocolate chips, and stir in on low until well blended.
- Spoon over (cooled!!) brownies, and spread until evenly distributed over entire brownie top. (I used clean hands to press the dough into corners, and then I placed wax paper over the entire top and used my hands to press into a flat, even layer)
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over cookie dough filling and spread evenly over top
- Chill until top layer is hard.
- Cut into squares. Serve immediately, or stack in an air-tight container with parchment paper between each layer. Refrigerate for several days, or freeze for up to a month. (They are actually really yummy right out of the freezer!!)
My thoughts: These are as good as they look. If you like sneaking cookie dough out of the bowl, these are for you! This recipe makes quite a few brownies, and I love that they can be made ahead and some of them frozen for a later date. Enjoy!!
This one’s for you mom. I love you!
More of mom’s recipes here on easybaked:
Peppermint ice cream pie– one of our summer favorites! Chocolate drop cookies– one of my first recipes with mom. Pumpkin roll- people always asked her to bring this to family celebrations. Chocolate chip cake– her go-to recipe for winning a bake off.
Have you ever visited Immeasurably More? It’s about my non-baking self and all the ways God is directing my steps. Stop by sometime by clicking the link below.
So so sorry for your loss….
I’ve missed seeing your posts – but certainly understand.
Your mom’s legacy will live on forever through you and your posts.
Take care of yourself.
I recently received the most beautiful message when I experienced a loss that I would like to share with you.
As long as there is time,
as long as there is love,
as long as we have breath to speak her name,
your mom will be loved and not forgotten.
That is beautiful. Thank you so much!!!!
Nice post Ruthanne. Hope you are doing OK.
I am doing fine. It’s an adjustment, but with time everything will be ok.
Thinking of you! These brownies are next on my list to make for Vibe. Today I’m making your famous chocolate chip cookies since we’re snowed in. Hope to see you soon!
They will love these! Maybe I can be there for that night 🙂
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies! | homethoughtsfromabroad626
I just found your blog today, and am so sorry to hear about your mom. You have my deepest sympathies!
Thank you so much- and welcome! I’m glad you found us!
What a lovely tribute to your mother. That’s a wonderful photo of the two of you. Wishing you comfort in all of your special memories.
And those photos….WOW! I want some of these brownies now. x
Thank you dear blogging friend! You’re so sweet to think of us. Hugs!
So sorry about your mother.
Pingback: Cookie Dough Layer Cake | eASYbAKED
Pingback: Fireworks Tart! | eASYbAKED
Reblogged this on Dem Bones.